19990405: Missing Data

 > From: Scott Wigginton <address@hidden>

Hello Scott,

Scott Wigginton writes:
 > To whom it may concern,
 >
 >     I downloaded files relating to the Blizzard of 1993 case. You claim
 > that there is an NCEP Eta model file for 93031200, but this file does
 > not exist. I really need this file for today's laboratory.  The 00 UTC
 > run of the ETA model is missing for 12 March 1993. This is an essential
 > file. Is there anyway you can extract this file from your archives and
 > make it available for download in the /pub/download directory? This file
 > is the only one missing from the series, and it will be very difficult
 > to complete the laboratory exercise without this file. Thanks.

I'm afraid the COMET archive is not operational so we sometimes miss
data.  We put all the data we can into each case study.  I'm afraid,
in this case, we do not have the file you want in our archive.

Sorry about that.  But thanks for letting us know.  Sometimes we do
have mistakes in our database so data we have doesn't show up.  If you
find what looks like missing data in the future, please let us know.

I'm CCing this to our COMET folks so they can double check my facts.
If we find anything, we'll let you know.

 > Sincerely,
 >
 > Scott B. Wigginton
 > Texas A&M University
 > address@hidden

Hope your lab goes/went well.

Ethan
address@hidden

--
Ethan R. Davis                       Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                    Fax:       (303) 497-8690