[AWIPS #WPG-382085]: Issue i have with installing CAVE

Hello,

Can you confirm whether you are downloading the Virtual Machine option for
Windows or directly installing CAVE on Windows?

Also, I put this inquiry into our support tickets instead of general AWIPS
email.

>First of all i love your product cave,however one of the components
>needed to install CAVE messes with my weather software i use called
>WSV3.
>Would you know any of the components needed causes problems with for
>mentioned app?
>I included some corresponding email with the author of WSV3 Paul Marv,
>

>>Hello,
>>I have a startup issue again, i am no longer registered and have to
>>put my code in.
>>This happened to me before and i have a suspicion after installing all
>>the components for a program called CAVE, WSV3 has crashed for the
>>second time.My question would any of these components needed for CAVE
>>cause problems with your program?
>>http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#download-and-installation-instructions_1
>>thanks
>>
>>>I would trust your suspicions because I can confirm, from looking at
>>>the exception report, that this is a very low-level and rare issue
>>>that is coming from the drivers. This error is coming from the WyDay
>>>LimeLM licensing/trial/security product we use in WSV3, which is built
>>>to run on a wide range of customer PCs and is used by many software
>>>companies that publish Windows executables. This is definitely very
>>>non-standard and would likely go away if you were to restore your PC
>>>to a factory condition. If you believe it is still erroneous we can
>>>look further into what that program may have done, and communicate
>>>with WyDay if there is a legitimate problem with their software.
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform