[AWIPS #BNB-479980]: AWIPS 20 Crashing

> Shay/Tiffany,
>
> I working the Beta version of AWIPS and have 2 crashes of the CAVE
> software in about 20 minutes. I also noticed that the performance in the
> VM Ware environment is extremely slow this afternoon. I didn't seem to
> have that problem last week.

Hello Tom,

We've received your feedback on our google form as well as this email. Last
week the cloud service we use to host our EDEX on had some disruptions and the
timing seems to match to around the time you were reporting the CAVE crashes.
Are you still experiencing these issues or has it gotten better? A removal of
caveData and restarting CAVE might solve any lingering issues.

Thank you for bringing to our attention that the MRMS data wasn't populating.
Ever since the network disruptions last week, some of the MRMS data wasn't
being processed. I've restarted our EDEX's and can now see MRMS data
populating.

Today I was able to load the National and Southern Plains radar mosaics with no
issues. Can you try this again and see if it's any better?

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: BNB-479980
Department: Support AWIPS