[AWIPS #ZBG-661267]: AWIPS II Training

Hi there,

> At this time we're still in the process of determining what it is that need
> to know or in
> what areas receiving further instruction would be beneficial to us. We expect
> to have a
> better idea of that once our AWIPS II system is fully installed by 1 May.

Okay, so you're planning on setting up and hosting your own EDEX server then? I
assume you
were planning on using our distribution that is open to the public?  Or do you
have some
access to the NWS version of AWIPS?
Have you ever installed our version of CAVE and pointed to our public EDEX
server to get
used to how CAVE works?

> Are the online courses free for those who create an account? In-person
> training sounds
> tempting and ideal, but virtual workshops are more cost-effective. We're open
> to both, but
> again, we'll know better in a few months' time what our specific needs are.

Yes, our online courses are completely free.  We have you create an account so
you can pause
and come back to the course at any point and pick up where you left off.

Our current AWIPS team has not hosted any trainings or workshops since we began
(we both
started right before the pandemic), but, historically, it is something we've
done and we're
currently planning on putting together a CAVE training for AMS 2024.  I assume
you might be
interested more on the EDEX side of things though?  We have talked about
putting together
EDEX workshops in the past, but as of right now, it is not high on our priority
list.

If you could keep us posted of your needs as you transition to using AWIPS that
would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: ZBG-661267
Department: Support AWIPS