[AWIPS #XCZ-543179]: BETA V20 - Import GIS Shapefiles

>Yes, that is there. However there is no way that I can see to get to the
>shapefiles stored on my hard drive and then import them to CAVE in the Virtual
>Machine environment..

Hello,

You've got quite a few options...here are a few:

1. In the VMWare Player, you can go to Player --> Manage --> Virtual Machine
Settings. Then click on the "Options" tab. Select "Shared Folders", select
"Always enabled". Then Add - Browse for the directory where your shapefiles are
on your laptop. Click next and make sure "Enable this share" and finish. This
should mount it to /mnt/hgfs or something similar (you can do a df -h to see
what's mounted and it should be the "vmhgfs-fuse").

2. You should be able to drag and drop a directory from your laptop to the VM

3. You can upload the file to your email/shared drive and then download it on
the VM.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: XCZ-543179
Department: Support AWIPS