[AWIPS #SNO-672946]: EDEX ingesting WRF data

> Hello,
>
> Our department has started daily runs of an in-house build of the WRF and I
> would like to ingest the data into our EDEX. The output has been converted to
> GRIB2 using the Unified Post Processor (UPP) from NCAR. So fair, I've been
> able to ingest it manually and following the documentation you have on
> ingesting a new grid, I've been trying to get it to be a recognized model
> (e.g., MU-WRF). I've made a new grid xml file and a new entry in the
> appropriate model xml file (7 for NCEP) and restarted EDEX. It is still
> ingesting as GribModel:7:0:116. Right now, I believe it is an issue with the
> projection as I am getting projection warnings when I look at the ingestGrib
> log. It plots over the correct domain as the undefined GribModel, so do I
> really need a grid definition?

Hello,

Sounds like you've got a good start. Yes, you will need the grid projection
file (in /awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/grib/grids/) and the
model definition entry in the NCEP xml file.

Have you restarted EDEX after making your changes?

If you don't mind sending over one of your grib2 files (your grid projection
file and model definition entry) I can take a look and double check what the
entries should look like.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: SNO-672946
Department: Support AWIPS