[AWIPS #NWM-356264]: Re: AWIPS II

Hi there,

> Does move work on data such as IDV? IDV has a catalog with a large resource of
> observational data also for Europe and it's every 1h.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but documentation for IDV can be found
on our
website at: https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/

> That's by the way, and as for the edex server, how, for example, to add your
> data? in
> those links that I gave, there are raw synop/metar messages

Again, to create you're own EDEX server you'll need to feed data to EDEX
through an LDM
(https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/).  You can write scripts to scour
the pages
you've posted previously, if they have an api such as an FTP or similar.
Some more information about EDEX can be found in our documentation:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-edex/

> Maybe you created an edex only for my CAVE? data from this program are not
> available
> anywhere, it is used only by me and for myself.

I am not sure what you're asking, but we do not create and maintain EDEX
servers other than
our publicly available one at edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu

Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: NWM-356264
Department: Support AWIPS