[AWIPS #LJS-519939]: AWIPS Functionality and Imaging Glitch

> Hi Tiffany,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm glad to know your images look correct and
> there's not some larger glitch of which we should be aware.
>
> I checked the OS build via cat /etc/redhat-release. We are running RHEL
> Workstation release 7.9 (Maipo). As far as I know, I am the first person to
> log-in to this newly reimaged machine other than our IT tech that did the
> install. I mention that since it should be a clean build of RedHat. My IT
> person said the GPUs haven't been enabled yet (CPU only) but I don't think
> any global or other user-specific display settings should have been set.
>
> The only software specific options I've chosen are the localizations, which
> point to edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu and site TOP. I'm not aware of any other
> log-in information other than my university Active Directory. The "User
> Administration" choice under the CAVE dropdown menu is grayed out on my
> build. This is different from an alternate version I have on my Windows
> machine where I run a VM Workstation build on CentOS. That uses "awips" as
> the username with the precompiled binary.
>
> The version I am currently experiencing the imaging glitch is a direct
> installation to a machine running RedHat 7. Are you asking for the local
> machine's hostname and/or ifconfig results? If so, here they are. Perhaps
> that's not what you're after but I'm trying to cover all my bases.
>
> Local log-in: j653s398
> Hostname: shia-cl92v12
> ip: 10.106.37.21/16
>
> Finally, these products were all generated from the Volume Browser. I get the
> same error for fields like precipitation if I change the product to an image
> before clicking load or choosing load as image (when right clicking) on the
> loaded contours on the display.

Hello,

Hmmm, this is all very odd behavior that we haven't seen before and I can't
seem to reproduce it which makes troubleshooting it more difficult. Especially
since this is a new build on a "new" machine.

I am seeing your username in our logs, but don't see any specific overrides
that would be causing the images to load with the wrong values.

Couple things to try, can you close CAVE, remove caveData
(http://unidata.github.io/awips2/appendix/common-problems/#linux), and then
start up CAVE again and load the data? Also try as OAX localization (even
though that shouldn't matter).

Can you turn on sampling and show what the readout is when the colormaps look
off?

If none of that fixes it, maybe we can figure out a time to meet where you can
share your screen and we can do some more troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LJS-519939
Department: Support AWIPS