[AWIPS #ENN-874705]: EDEX hiccup

Hi Pete,

>Greetings. We are noticing EDEX isnt writing data to the hdf5 directory for
>all our
> data sets (lightning, obs, radar, redbook, satellite, and grid) since we
> performed
> a sudo edex stop at about 12:30UTC.
>
> The disk where the hdf5 dir resides is not full nor have the permissions
> changed.
>
> Simple example is radar data - we see it is being properly processed and
> stored in
> /awips2/data_store/radar with a current date/time AND a corresponding entry
> of
> "processed" in the radar ingest log (and there are no entries in the
> unrecognized
>log file).
>
>The single change we made was the server alias at that time. However, before
>making
> this change we stopped edex and the ldm gracefully (verified as such too),
> modified
> the /awips2/ldm/etc/registry.xml file to contain the NEW alias, rebooted the
> system
> and after reboot we saw edex and the ldm were automatically started.
>
> We have preformed a few other sudo edex stop and starts but still the same
> issue
> persists. We had preformed a similar server alias change on a different
> system and
> encountered no issues.
>
> So - this seems to have something to do with the server alias change, but the
> only
> file we are aware of we needed to modify for EDEX was modified with the
> proper new
> system alias. And data is flowing and being processed but not into the hdf5
> dir.
>
> Have you run into this issue before and would you happen to have any
> recommendations
> on how to get EDEX to finish the last yard of its run (so it generates data
> in the
> hdf5 dir)?

If by "alias" you mean the name or hostname of the machine, then you will also
need to
update /awips2/edex/bin/setup.env

You probably need to update the EXT_ADDR at the top of the file.
You may also need to update /etc/hosts as well, but I would start with just the
setup.env

You'll need to restart edex after making this change for it to go into effect.
Let me know if that helps?

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: ENN-874705
Department: Support AWIPS