[AWIPS #YED-418649]: CAVE Product Browser - grid data linventory

Hi Pete,

> Ok success! For the record the elegant command you provided was the key and
> here is the
> end-to-end process in case anyone else has this question. Thanks again! Now
> we will
> continue testing the QPF bucket issue....
>
> 1. ensure no new grib files for the model of interest are being submitted to
> EDEX
> 2. delete its hdf5 dir /bin/rm -rf /awips2/edex/data/hdf5/grid/<model>
> 3. as user awips enter the command psql -U awips metadata
> 4. In psql enter the command select distinct datasetid from grid_info; (be
> sure to include
> the semi colon and this will list your model data sets -- note the name of
> the one you wish
> to remove )
> 5. Enter the command delete from grid where info_id in (select id from
> grid_info where
> datasetid ilike 'FE_GFS_Globalp25'; (insert your model of choice in place of
> FE_GFS_Globalp25
> and this removes the data from that model out of the grid table)
> 6. Enter the command delete from grid_info where datasetid ilike
> 'FE_GFS_Globalp25'; (Again
> FE_GFS_Globalp25 is an example name, can't run this command before the
> previous otherwise
> you will get an error, be sure to include the semi colon)
> 7. verify the model is gone by repeating step 4
> 8. from $HOME as user awips /bin/rm -rf caveData
> 9. Launch cave and there should be no entries in the Product Browser -> Grid
> menu for the
> model you just removed

Awesome!  Yup, this sounds exactly like what I was envisioning in my head.
Psql is super powerful and can do some really awesome querying, but I'm a bit
rusty on it
so this was a good refresher exercise for me too!

Glad it worked out and, honestly, this might make a decent AWIPS Tips blog in
the future!

Good luck, thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: YED-418649
Department: Support AWIPS