[AWIPS #YED-418649]: CAVE Product Browser - grid data linventory

Hi Pete,

> Ok then... with that the command
> select * from grid_info where datasetid ilike 'FE_GFS_Globalp25';
> returns 930 rows (each with a uniq ID) and we'd like to remove all from the
> grid table
> but obviously not manually.
> So how can we bulk-delete the data in the grid table that corresponds to each
> 930 ids
> associated with FE_GFS_Globalp25 grid_info table?

Are the ids in a range?  Ie: x > [all matching ids] < y ?

If so, then you can do this:

delete from grid where info_id between x and y;

I believe.

If they're not in a bracketed range like that, then I think what you could do
(which
would work no matter what the ids end up being) is:

delete from grid where info_id in (select id from grid_info where datasetid
ilike 'FE_GFS_Globalp25');

> Or can we short-circuit this psql approach by changing a purge parameter
> somewhere to no
> older than 1 minute for the given model of interest?

This **might** get close, but I don't think the purge rules actually run at
that granularity
if that makes sense?

It is also possible to delete the entire tables, but then obviously you lose
all model data.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: YED-418649
Department: Support AWIPS