[AWIPS #PHZ-247370]: problems with installing on windows

Hello,

Can you confirm which EDEX you are pointing CAVE to? Are you pointing to
Unidata's EDEX? (edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu) You can see when you go to
CAVE-->Preferences and then selecting "Localization"
(http://unidata.github.io/awips2/cave/cave-localization/#localization-preferences)

The Models menu should be populated with a number of models if you are
connected to Unidata's EDEX. Are you also missing data within the Satellite or
MRMS menus?

Additionally, it sounds like python/jep didn't get installed correctly. When
this happens CAVE will run, but not all data will be plotted on the map (like
Metar stations/winds). Did you follow each of the steps on our webpage:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#method-2-direct-windows-install?

We also have a video that goes through each of the steps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAuBSsSp9Ak&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully that helps.

> I loaded CAVE and checked most of the menu bar selections, results as
> follows:
>
> 1. I have not tried CAVE, File, View,Options, Tools as at this time I'm
> not sure what to do with them
> 2. Models see attached as there are no model data selections available.
> This is the area I'm most interested in.
> 3. Surface:
>   1. temp works
>   2. winds it shows downloaded and title is on map but no data for any
> of the frames
>   3. Metar station plots it shows downloaded and title is on map but
> no data for any of the frames
>   4. Metar MSLP plot it shows downloaded and title is on map but no
> data for any of the frames
>   5. Metar 24hr precip works as does 6 hr, 3 hr and 1 hr
>   6. Synoptic plot works
>   7. Others a few worked most didn't but I'm not that interested at
> this time
>   8. MSLP Analysis it shows downloaded and title is on map but no data
> for any of the frames
>   9. all of the weather statements works
> 4. NCEP/Hydro Not a high need for me
>   1. SPC Redbook Day 1 it shows downloaded and title is on map but no
data for any of the frames, I did not check the other days
>   2. Surface QPF it shows downloaded and title is on map but no data
> for any of the 55 frames
> 5. Upper Air
>   1. raob 500 it shows downloaded and title is on map but no data for
> any of the frames
>   2. raob 850 it shows downloaded and title is on map but no data for
> any of the frames
>   3. I did not check the rest
>   4. raob -eastren- Nashville works
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: PHZ-247370
Department: Support AWIPS