[AWIPS #URM-902287]: Questions about AWIPS-CAVE

> I had reached out to you guys a while back, and you guys were very helpful.
> Now I have some more questions, however these are not related to the last.
> I am learning to use AWIPS-CAVE and how to locate the data within
> AWIPS-CAVE. What has helped me the most has been youtube videos from your
> youtube channel or other youtube channels explaining things. However, the
> more I watch the videos the more I see a difference between the youtube
> videos' model data and radar data and my model data and radar data. To
> elaborate, it appears as if my nexrad display digital hybrid reflectivity
> (one example) has opposite colors or is very different from the ones in the
> youtube videos I watched. The same goes for model data and simulated
> reflectivity, it looks like opposite or strange colors compared to normal
> reflectivity colors- (outside of AWIPS-CAVE). I have tried playing around
> with changing the colormap and have even tried editing the colors (both
> ended up worse). Below are pictures of people on youtube using AWIPS-CAVE,
> then how my AWIPS-CAVE looks. Let me know if this is normal, or if there is
> something I can do to help/fix this please.
>
> Thank you.

Hello,

It looks like because you had tried modifying the colormap, you had created a
user override which will always be read over the base colormap file (seen in
the youtube images). I believe I was able to go in and find your user override
and move it to a different name on our EDEX server. So if you close CAVE,
remove caveData
(http://unidata.github.io/awips2/appendix/common-problems/#windows) and restart
CAVE you should have the default colormap for the NEXRADCOMP DHR product back.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: URM-902287
Department: Support AWIPS