[AWIPS #LFY-616594]: notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py question

Hi Evan,

(Apologies, I've been calling you Travis, which I just now realized is your
last name).

>  Thanks for all of your help, but I think I solved my own problem with a
> little code
> rewriting! notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py didn't seem to react well being in a for
> loop by
> itself with all 67 files being shoved in at once. Perhaps it was too much too
> fast?
> However when I rewrote the script to feed in as the grib2 files downloaded,
> it worked
> just fine (each file takes about 30s to download). Everything ingested fine
> and
> ingestGrib didn't crash. Looks like everything is running smoothly!

Well I'm glad you got it working.  I think that solution (of ingesting as soon
as you
receive the data) is better for a couple reasons:
 - the data is available in EDEX and CAVE as soon as possible
 - the ingesting workload is spread out a bit more for EDEX
 - that is more analogous to how the standard (LDM-fed) ingest works

I'm still a bit perplexed as to why it was failing before, but I'm glad you got
it
working and let us know.

Thanks!
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LFY-616594
Department: Support AWIPS