[AWIPS #LFY-616594]: notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py question

Hey Travis,

> Sorry for the delayed response, but I was only just able to get back to
> working
> on this. I ran the notify script again with the latest data from the Euro (the
> model I'm trying to set up a consistent stream for) while having the
> ingestGrib
> log open in another terminal. It looks like 24 of the 67 files processed
> correctly
> while the other remaining files failed. Here is a copy of the error that the
> log
> gave me for one of the files if it helps:

Could you send us the whole log file from today, so we can glance through it to
see if we see anything else?

> All of these grib files come directly from the ECMWF's website, so I'm not
> sure
> why some would be processed successfully while others would fail.

Yes, that is weird. Just to confirm, ECMWF is not a data set we support in our
source code, so did you modify the correct configurations before attempting to
ingest this data?  This process is described in our documentation:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/edex/new-grid/
And we also wrote a blog about ECMWF data at the beginning of the year after we
had received a few user requests about the newly available data to the public:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/awips-tips-adding-ecmwf-data

> Additionally, each time I run notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py, it shuts off EDEXgrib
> so
> I have to manually turn it back on to keep ingesting other grids. Has anyone
> else
> run into this problem?

We're not entirely sure why it's causing ingestGrib to crash, but if we can
resolve
the ingest failures, that might sort out this issue as well.

Let me know about the questions I've asked above, thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LFY-616594
Department: Support AWIPS