[AWIPS #LFY-616594]: notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py question

Hi Travis,

> Thanks again for the help yesterday. Per your recommendation, I was able to
> include
> a for loop that executes notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py for the files in my
> directory.
> However, when I go into the hdf5 directory for my new model in edex, not all
> of
> the files are there. I have 65 files in that directory to be ingested, but
> only
> 11 appear (even after about 20 mins). Does it take a long time for edex to
> process
> them, or did something go wrong with the ingest? When I ran this in a
> terminal, I
> could see the connection to Qpid opened and closed for each of the files
> followed
> by a 0.

Good questions!  So, to answer your initial assumption 1 ingested file does not
always
equal 1 decoded HDF5 file.  Data from several of the ingested files (raw files)
can
end up in one HDF5 file, which could explain why you have less HDF5 files than
you had
raw files.

There are a couple things you can do to verify all of your data is indeed
getting
ingested though.  The first is,  you can watch the edex-ingest log as you're
running
your script with the for loop.  (You can also view it afterwards, so you don't
have
to "watch" it in real time).  But, if you wanted to watch it, you'd open a new
terminal
and type:
  tail -f /awips2/edex/logs/edex-ingestGrib-[date].log
Then that will update as things are written to the log.  So you could then run
your
script with the for loop, and you will see each of the individual files
entering EDEX.

Another thing to do, you could add a simple `echo` statement in your current
script,
to read out the name of the file you're passing to notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py.
That way
you could verify all of the files you're expecting, do indeed get called with
the notify
script.

Finally, you could open another terminal (like before), and watch the qpid
queue.  You
do this by running:
  edex qpid
This should show you the individual entries for each of your raw files.

Let me know if this makes sense and if it helps?
Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LFY-616594
Department: Support AWIPS