[AWIPS #LFY-616594]: notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py question

Hi Travis,

> I have set up my edex to correctly decode grib files from the ECMWF and have
> written
> a script to download all of the forecast hours from a single run. What I have
> is a
> directory of grib2 files from the ECMWF (fh 0-240) and I want to ingest them
> all into
> edex using the notify-AWIPS script. I tried running this on the directory and
> it only
> ingested the first file (hr 0). How do you recommend I get this script to
> send all of
> the files in this directory to edex?
>
> Thank you for your time

Your timing is impeccable!  I am actually just in the process of updating our
ingest
new grib data page (https://unidata.github.io/awips2/edex/new-grid/) to have
instructions
on exactly this.

Since you are already running a script to collect the data (which I'm assuming
does so
file by file), then simply add this line in after you have downloaded a file:
 /awips2/ldm/dev/notifyAWIPS2-unidata.py [path-to-new-grib-file]

If this doesn't work for you, you could write another script that contains a
for loop,
and for every file in your directory, call that same command.

Does this make sense?

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LFY-616594
Department: Support AWIPS