[AWIPS #KEZ-434248]: /awips2/data_store/manual directory

Hey Pete,

> So indeed we can try using this instead of copying into the manual endpoint --
> and in fact just now successfully used it by the following:
> 1. Copying the python script to a local directory
> 2. Changing it to an executable,
> 3. Launching it by typing the script name followed by the full path to a GFS
> grib file
>
> And we see it in the HDF5 directory.
>
> TWO questions
> 1. Is it a problem if we just change it to an executable in its native
> /awips2/ldm/dev
> directory (any adverse side effects expected)?

You should be able to use it directly from the /awips2/ldm/dev location (just,
as you
said, might need to make it executable first).  That should be totally fine.

> 2. We don’t see that it produces any log files -- but have to ask -- can
> multiple
> instances of this run simultaneously or will they smash into each other in an
> ungraceful
> way?
I actually thought we already had you using this script for other data ingest?
With your
satellite data maybe?
Anyway, I do believe it can be ran in multiple threads, and that should be
okay.  I believe
it adds the files to one of the qpid queues for EDEX, so qpid is able to manage
all those
requests, even if they come in at once.
As far as logging goes, you should still see entries in the edex ingest grib
log I believe?

Let me know if that answers your questions?
Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: KEZ-434248
Department: Support AWIPS