[AWIPS #COE-137449]: AWIPS SSL Issue

Hey there,

> I am using my work laptop in which I am able to receive data on my “home”
> network, but not
> all data on my “work” network using the same laptop in each instance.

Okay, so when you take your laptop home and run the VM, you are able to receive
all data,
but when you're at work and connected to that network you are missing some data.
That still makes me think CAVE and EDEX are fine, and it has to be a networking
issue.

> We tried updating to the latest version of cave today(18.2.1-6) and ran
> through the
> installation, but it seems to be stuck on 18.2.1-5. When I click on the
> “player/help/software updates” it says no updates available.

In order to get the latest version of CAVE, you need to download the new zipped
file.
This link should start the download directly:
https://downloads.unidata.ucar.edu/awips2/current/windows/unidata_cave.zip

That link came from step 1 of our download instructions on our website:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#download-and-installation-instructions_1

Once that file is downloaded, you will need to unzip it and then open it in
VMWare Player
again (so now you will have two different VMs available in Workstation Player).
 To do this
please simply follow steps 2-4 from the link I just sent above on our website.

That should give you access to our latest version of CAVE.

> Indeed, I am connected to edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu. I believe port 9581 is
> open and they
> are working on getting port 9582 open as well. I think on my end, our next
> course of action
> was reinstall caves using the “Direct Install” method.

At this time I don't think the other installation is necessary.  Once you have
the new VM
downloaded, unzipped, and loaded into VMWare Player you should be good to go
(as far as having
the correct version).  It is important to try and maintain the latest version
of CAVE because
our EDEX server will always be on the latest version, once we announce a
release, and at times
there can be compatibility issues between CAVE and EDEX if they're not the same
version.

Back to your issue though, if port 9582 is not completely open yet, that could
be the problem.
Not all data is sent through one port, so that could explain why you can see
some data, but
not all of the data.
If that port is able to be opened up, then can you let us know if you are still
experiencing
the same issue?
Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: COE-137449
Department: Support AWIPS