[AWIPS #OVJ-126434]: LDM Optional products

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. While we have products listed in our distributed
ldmd.conf file, we don't always have data flowing/available.

I'm not sure if we've ever had the HRRR sub-hourly - it's been more of a place
holder in case we did get the data.

We used to receive and re-distribute the CMC data, however we stopped receiving
that data a while ago and haven't been able to reach a contact to get the data
since.

LIGHTNING is a restricted feed, so it's not something that is freely available.
See below for information regarding the lightning data:

"The REQUEST for the NLDN feed from UAlbany will only work after the user
contacts the folks at UAlbany and satisfies them that the data will be used
solely within
the user's campus.  The long standing restriction for LIGHTNING data to not be
used outside of a site's
campus applies to remote server access also - it is not allowed for a site to
make NLDN or USPLN data
available via a data server IF that server has access opened for outside of the
site's campus."

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to add HRRRX sub-hourly data as well as data from the NLDN and
> USPLN to my EDEX by uncommenting these feeds in the ldmd.conf file by
> following the documentation in the EDEX user manual. When these are
> uncommented and I restart edex, these data are still not available.
> Additionally, I went to uncomment the CMC as well, but found it was already
> uncommented despite not receiving any data from that model. Any guidance
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you for your time

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: OVJ-126434
Department: Support AWIPS