[AWIPS #QVU-800771]: How to dump our 10 days database before update?

> ?
> Tiffany,
>
> Thank you for the  quick answer.
>
> I am still waiting for the answer from the professors, but in general, yes,
> it should be OK to clear the database, because there are no classes right now
> .
>
> For the same reason I thought it might be a good time to experiment with
> dumping the database.
>
> Alternatively, we could spin up a test VM with a smaller database first to
> experiment with dumping the database and see if it is at all practical or not.
> This of course can be done a less busy time.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thank you,

Hi,

I did get some answers on what to do. I will preface that before saving off the
HDF5 and dumping the databases, LDM/EDEX will need to be shutdown. So during
the time of the "backup" (which I don't know how long will take, but probably a
few hours since it's 10 days of data), removal of data_store, removal of AWIPS,
and re-install of EDEX there will be missing data for that time.

I will also say, I am out the next two days and Shay is out a few days next
week, but we do want to make sure you are updated prior to 10 days before
classes start.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: QVU-800771
Department: Support AWIPS