[AWIPS #QVX-182360]: AWIPS EDEX install error

> [root@tornado ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/awips2.repo
> [awips2repo]
> name=AWIPS II Repository
> baseurl=https://downloads.unidata.ucar.edu/awips2/current/linux/rpms/el7/
> enabled=0
> protect=0
> gpgcheck=0
> proxy=_none_
>

> [root@tornado ~]# yum grouplist
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> * base: mirror.mia11.us.leaseweb.net
> * elrepo: dfw.mirror.rackspace.com
> * epel: dfw.mirror.rackspace.com
> * extras: mirror.cs.uwp.edu
> * rpmforge: mirror.chpc.utah.edu
> * updates: mirror.vacares.com
> Available Environment Groups:
> Minimal Install
> Compute Node
> Infrastructure Server
> File and Print Server
> Cinnamon Desktop
> MATE Desktop
> Basic Web Server
> Virtualization Host
> Server with GUI
> GNOME Desktop
> KDE Plasma Workspaces
> Development and Creative Workstation
> Installed Groups:
> awips2-server
> Available Groups:
> Cinnamon
> Compatibility Libraries
> Console Internet Tools
> Development Tools
> Educational Software
> Electronic Lab
> Fedora Packager
> General Purpose Desktop
> Graphical Administration Tools
> Haskell
> LXQt Desktop
> Legacy UNIX Compatibility
> MATE
> Milkymist
> Scientific Support
> Security Tools
> Smart Card Support
> System Administration Tools
> System Management
> TurboGears application framework
> Xfce
> Done
>
> [root@tornado ~]# yum grouplist awips2-server
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> * base: mirror.mia11.us.leaseweb.net
> * elrepo: dfw.mirror.rackspace.com
> * epel: d2lzkl7pfhq30w.cloudfront.net
> * extras: mirror.cs.uwp.edu
> * rpmforge: mirror.chpc.utah.edu
> * updates: mirror.vacares.com
> Installed Groups:
> awips2-server
> Done
>

> Just to be safe, we do not want to delete the contents of the /awips2
> directory. For that, I was trying to move it to a different name:
> [root@tornado /]# mv awips2 awips2.backup.20220714
> mv: cannot move 'awips2' to 'awips2.backup.20220714/awips2': Device or
> resource busy
>

> I rebooted the server and ensured that none of the edex services are running,
> but there was no change in the outcome.
> [...]

Hello,

Okay, looking at your awips2.repo file, the repo is not enabled (by default the
awips_install.sh script disables this repo after trying an install so you don't
accidentally try to update when doing system updates):
enabled=0

So edit that file and enable it:
enabled=1

Then you can try removing the awips2-server group. However, please note that
removing awips2-server will delete some of the contents in /awips2.

Do you have a separate mount for the /awips2 directory? That might be why you
can't move the whole directory, there's nothing "AWIPS" specific that you can't
move that directory. You can try creating a new back-up your contents somewhere
else - be sure not to back-up data_store or hdf5 because that is a lot of data
that isn't going to be relevant but can take up a lot of space.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: QVX-182360
Department: Support AWIPS