[AWIPS #QVX-182360]: AWIPS EDEX install error

> Hello
>
> We were trying to upgrade EDEX to 18.2.1-5 and ran into the following error
> when running the awips_install.sh script.
>

> Installing : awips2-maps-database-18.2.1-5.el7.noarch                   50/65
> \| AWIPS II Maps Database Installation - FAILED
> Check the installation log:
> /awips2/database/sqlScripts/share/sql/maps/maps.log
>
> psql:/awips2/database/sqlScripts/share/sql/maps/createMapsDb.sql:21: NOTICE:
> database "maps" does not exist, skipping
> psql:/awips2/database/sqlScripts/share/sql/maps/createMapsDb.sql:22: NOTICE:
> tablespace "maps" does not exist, skipping
> ERROR:  could not load library "/awips2/postgresql/lib/rtpostgis-2.4.so":
> /awips2/postgresql/lib/libgdal.so.20: undefined symbol: nc_inq_unlimdims
> warning: %post(awips2-maps-database-18.2.1-5.el7.noarch) scriptlet failed,
> exit status 1
> Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package
> awips2-maps-database-18.2.1-5.el7.noarch
>

> After running edex start, this is the output of edex status:
>
> [edex status]
> postgres    :: running :: pid 2239
> pypies      :: running :: pid 2286
> qpid        :: running :: pid 2384
> EDEXingest  :: not running
> EDEXgrib    :: not running
> EDEXrequest :: not running
> ldmadmin    :: running :: pid 3750
>
> Is this something you can assist with?

Hello,

Yes this is definitely something we can help you out with. I'm sorry you are
having an issue.

What version of EDEX were you running previously? Before the upgrade was EDEX
running just fine?

It looks like your maps database failed to install and possibly the postgres
rpm. Were there any other errors during your install?

Can you send this log file to us:
/awips2/database/sqlScripts/share/sql/maps/maps.log

Have you tried re-installing to see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: QVX-182360
Department: Support AWIPS