[AWIPS #AND-239869]: AWS GOES ABI Data not being processed by EDEX

> Surface Menu - Ok we must have copied a bad config file -- check this out
> below.  Well we will make a new menu entry for it (you had showed us how to
> do that before).
>

> Sat files – now that the ldm is up and running we moved the 4 files per your
> recommendation and the additional 4  .md5 files associated with the .xml files
>
> from
> /awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/satellite/goesr/descriptions/Level2

> /awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/satellite/goesr/descriptions/Sectorized_CMI
>

> We had done this before the ldm problems so after these changes edex had been
> restarted.
>

> Should we have NOT moved the .md5 files too?
>

> Or could it be the addition we put in pqact.conf yesterday was not needed
> with this new build (we put this in below – where TAB is a literal tab)
>
> # ABI GOES R FE
>
> NIMAGE[TAB]OR_ABI-L2-(.*).nc
>
> [TAB]FILE[TAB]-close -edex[TAB]/awips2/data_store/GOES/abi/OR_ABI-L2-\1.nc

As for LDM it honestly depends on how you are inserting your data into the LDM
so I can't really comment on that since you aren't using our LDM feed.

But regardless, if the data are being sent to EDEX then you should be fine on
the LDM side, the issue is with the decoding now. Yea, you can try removing the
md5 files and restarting ingest (instead of re-starting everything you can just
do "sudo service edex_camel restart ingest")

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: AND-239869
Department: Support AWIPS