[AWIPS #AND-239869]: AWS GOES ABI Data not being processed by EDEX

> Greetings - we moved the files.  And we are getting side-tracked with the ldm
> not being able to start.
>
> As user awips performing sudo edex stop the ldm never stopped and we found
> somehow we launched the ldm yesterday as root.
>
> We could not stop the ldm with the normal ldmadmin stop -- even as root.
>
> We then as root killed the jobs manually since they were owned by root.
>
> Then as user awips we performed sudo edex start and the ldm would not start
>
> So as user awips we performed  ldmadmin start  and we got
> Checking the product-queue...
> 20220708T194731.301217Z uldbutil[29219]             uldb.c:sm_setShmId:1069
>           ERROR Permission denied
> 20220708T194731.301300Z uldbutil[29219]             uldb.c:uldb_delete:2038
>           ERROR Couldn't delete existing shared-memory database by IPC key
> 20220708T194731.301321Z uldbutil[29219]             uldbutil.c:main:89
>           ERROR Couldn't open the upstream LDM database
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> /awips2/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> Checking LDM configuration-file (/awips2/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf)...
> Starting the LDM server...
>
> ...which was taking over 30 minutes to start -- and seemingly it hung so we
> did a Control-C to stop the job
>
> And after and ldmadmin clean  we did a sudo service edex_ldm start and got a
> failed due to a timeout message
>
> So we are not able to get the ldm started...
>
> Presently and edex status shows nothing running  and ps -ef | grep awips2
> shows nothing running in the background
>

> Can you offer any recommendations to get us back on track?

Hello,

It might be faster to resolve if we can do a quick google meet where you can
share your screen.

But you may try:

Again kill any LDM processes as root user
Delete the ldmqueue (as root)
   ldmadmin delqueue

Then as awips user do a clean and re-create the queue:
ldmadmin clean
ldmadmin mkqueue

Then try to start ldm
service edex_ldm start

If that doesn't work (and if it hangs for more than a minute, go ahead and kill
it), try "ldmadmin start" and see if it spits out an error

And possibly look at the permissions in:
/awips2/ldm
/awips2/ldm/var/queues

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: AND-239869
Department: Support AWIPS