[AWIPS #KJZ-195338]: Incorrect Marine Zones

> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that there are some incorrect Marine Zones for at least the
> Mobile and Tallahassee WFO. Attached is the marine zone map within AWIPS.
> The marine zones since whenever the map was created has been updated, with
> the zone from Pensacola to Destin extended over to the Okaloosa/Walton
> line; Choctawhatchee Bay is split into two zones, and the large zones south
> of Panama City is also split. I have also attached the current marine
> zones. Is it possible to update the zones in AWIPS to what they are
> currently? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have updated the Marine Coastal Zones on our EDEX server. Can you restart
CAVE and see if these look correct?

We're looking into a way to grab the latest shapefiles and update the maps
database tables on the fly, so they should always be up to date. In the
meantime if you see any other boundaries/zones/etc. that need updating don't
hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: KJZ-195338
Department: Support AWIPS