[AWIPS #CWJ-540985]: grb2 decode question.

> Greetings - we are just getting back to this now and apologize for the delay.
>   We did as you instructed and probably due to user error the grib product we
> display is not defaulting to that as set in the gridImageryStyelRules
> override file
>
> Here are the details.   We performed the following as user awips and our site
> in CAVE is defaulted to OAX.   We assumed we needed to delete caveData and
> restart CAVE for the changes to take effect but no luck.
>
> 1.  mkdir -p  /awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/site/OAX/styleRules
>
> 2.  cd to this new directory and copied to it
> /awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/styleRules/gridImageryStyleRules.xml
>
> 3.  Edited the gridImageryStyleRules.xml file and appended the following at
> the end of the file one line above  the final tag </styleRuleset>
> <!-- FE Products -->
> <styleRule>
> <paramLevelMatches>
> <parameter>GSTX</parameter>
> <parameter>GSTF</parameter>
> </paramLevelMatches>
> <imageStyle>
> <interpolate>false</interpolate>
> <displayUnits>mph</displayUnits>
> <range scale="LINEAR">
> <minValue>0</minValue>
> <maxValue>200</maxValue>
> </range>
> <defaultColormap>Grid/Gridded Data</defaultColormap>
> <colorbarLabeling>
> <values>0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60 65 70 75 80 85 90 95 100 110 120
> 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 200</values>
> </colorbarLabeling>
> </imageStyle>
> </styleRule>
>
> 4. Deleted caveData and restarted cave
>
> 5. In the volume browser selected our grid of interest  (GSTF ... which had
> been processed and available for display prior to these changes) and still
> get the default display of this product contours in m/s

Hi Pete,

So there is a different styleRule file for contours vs imagery.

To test the imagery, right click on the product in the bottom right legend, and
select "Load as image" do you see the correct units/colorbar? (it will load as
an additional product).

To update the contours, you will need to make a site version of
/awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/styleRules/d2dContourStyleRules.xml
 and use something similar to this:

    <styleRule>
        <paramLevelMatches>
            <parameter>GSTX</parameter>
            <parameter>GSTF</parameter>
            <singleLevel units="SURFACE">
            </singleLevel>
        </paramLevelMatches>
        <contourStyle>
            <displayUnits>mph</displayUnits>
            <contourLabeling labelSpacing="4">
                <values>0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60 65 70 75 80 85 90
95 100 110 120 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 200</values>
            </contourLabeling>
        </contourStyle>
    </styleRule>

And a removal of caveData and restart of CAVE.

Let me know if that works (I didn't specifically test it, but in theory it
should).

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: CWJ-540985
Department: Support AWIPS