[AWIPS #GFQ-914001]: Questions

Hello David,

> Hi, I have a few questions about the CAVE client.

Sure - couple questions for you as well.

1. What operating system are you using?
2. What username are you using when starting CAVE? (I see a
david@DavidsWorkstation and David@Davidspc)

> 1.  When I use NSHARP, i usually have settings that I like to use for line
> thicknesses, etc. Once I exit and open CAVE up again, all those settings
> revert back to the default. Is there a way to keep my settings after I close
> the client?

Yes, these settings save to our EDEX and should be available automatically when
you open a new CAVE. One caveat, we have 2 EDEX systems and sometimes we have
to switch back and forth between them after we do updates. While we save these
configuration files they are not always copied over. However if you let me know
you username/machine name I should be able to copy them over to our current
operational EDEX.

> 2.  I set up a few displays in the client, but for some reason, they've
> disappeared in my list. I've set them up twice and they stay for a week or so
> and then disappear. Any ideas why?

Same reason as above, a few weeks ago we switched our public EDEX, but these
can be copied over. There's also an option to save your displays locally.

> 3.  Where do I change the gamma settings for satellite image adjustments?

Are you referring to the RGB products? These are specified in the satellite
menu. The file depends on which satellite and which sector. If you open up the
localization perspective and navigate to D2D --> Menus --> satellite --> goesr.
If you look at the goesr[EW][SECTOR]SectorMenu.xml you can see which RGB xml is
used.

Ex from the goesrECONUSSectorMenu.xml:

        <contribute xsi:type="subinclude" subMenu="RGB Composites"
fileName="menus/satellite/goesr/goesrRGBCompositesCIRA.xml" />
        <contribute xsi:type="subinclude" subMenu="RGB Composites With DP
Readouts" fileName="menus/satellite/goesr/RGB-DP.xml" />

Then you can make a user override of this file and play around with the
settings. (You will need to close CAVE and remove caveData after making
changes).

Another note about these RGB files, if we update EDEX this file won't initially
be copied over. The reason behind this is especially with the satellite menus
they are constantly updating/changing with new products and if you have your
user override file, you won't ever see the updated files/menus.

> Thanks,

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: GFQ-914001
Department: Support AWIPS