[AWIPS #CWJ-540985]: grb2 decode question.

> HI Tiffany - we mimicked what you sent us for a grid projection file (and
> restarted Edex igestgrib) but same results (/awips2/edex/data/hdf5/grid still
> showing only a GribModel:7:0:128 subdir with updated data).
>
> So we believe we must have an error in our model definition file. Can you
> send us what you have for a model def file (including name of file) that
> allowed this test grib2 file to be processed properly on your system?
>
> Here is what we added Into
> /awips2/edex/data/utility/common/_static/base/grib/models/gribModels_NCEP-7.xml
>  as follows -- note we elected to call the name GFSFEGUST for fun and the
> gridname "4823" comes from nx ny.
> <model>
> <name>GFSFEGUST</name>
> <center>7</center>
> <subcenter>0</subcenter>
> <grid>4823</grid>
> <process>
> <id>128</id>
> </process>
> </model>

Hi Pete,
 That's what mine looks like as well.

    <model>
        <name>GFSFEGUST</name>
        <center>7</center>
        <subcenter>0</subcenter>
        <grid>4823</grid>
        <process>
            <id>128</id>
        </process>
    </model>

Did you restart EDEX? Are you continuously using the same exact grib2 file to
ingest every time? If that's the case then you'll have to remove the data from
the database and hdf5 folder before ingesting again, otherwise it thinks it's a
duplicate file that has already been ingested (regardless of the modelname
info). Another option is if you have a different grib2 file from a newer time
step to try that.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: CWJ-540985
Department: Support AWIPS