[AWIPS #AXA-163344]: AWIPS Water Vapor Imagery

> Good morning,
>
> I've noticed for the past week when I try to load a water vapor image to
> awips that picture quality is very pixelated when looking at the CONSUS.
> When I zoom in to the regional and down the WFO level, the picture quality
> drastically improves.  Is there something I need to do to get a better
> quality image on the CONUS level?  I am using the linux virtual box on
> a windows machine.

Hello,

Can you send a couple images of what it looks like for you? I know AWIPS uses a
progressive disclosure technique where more detail becomes visible the more the
user zooms in on the data display, but I haven't noticed CONUS being that
poorly pixelated.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: AXA-163344
Department: Support AWIPS