[AWIPS #CWJ-540985]: grb2 decode question.

> Hi Tiffany - so we did create a new grid projection file called
>
> /awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/grib/grids/FE_48_by_23_grid_at_0.250000_degrees_horizontal_res.xml
>
> And it contains the following
>
> <latLonGridCoverage>
> <name>4823</name>
> <description>48 by 23 grid at 0.250000 degrees horizontal res</description>
> <firstGridPointCorner>LowerLeft</firstGridPointCorner>
> <nx>48</nx>
> <nx>23</ny>
> <dx>0.250000</dx>
> <dy>0.250000</dy>
> <spacingUnit>degrees</spacingUnit>
> </latLonGridCoverage>

Hi Pete,

This is what I used for my projection file (note the first gridPointCorner is
UpperLeft, and I also added la1, and lo1 tags):

<latLonGridCoverage>
    <name>4823</name>
    <description>Petes GFS GUST</description>
    <la1>42.5</la1>
    <lo1>274.75</lo1>
    <firstGridPointCorner>UpperLeft</firstGridPointCorner>
    <nx>48</nx>
    <ny>23</ny>
    <dx>0.25</dx>
    <dy>0.25</dy>
    <spacingUnit>degree</spacingUnit>
</latLonGridCoverage>

> And when we copied the grib file (updated with todays data and date) we see
> it is still being stored in the hdf5 dir as
> GribModel:7:0:128-2022-04-28-00-FH-000.h5
>
> So two follow up quesitons
>
> 1. It is not clear if the <name> tag in the file above should be the same as
> the <grid> or <name> tag in the model definition file below -- we thought it
> was the former.  We will move on to the CAVE configuration after we get this
> minor issue resolved (but thank you so far for that config info -- and you
> are right we do all our confg on the server side - so it will be easy).

The <name> tag in the projection file should be the same as the <grid> tag in
the model definition file.

> 2. We thought we read that after creating the file above we do NOT need to
> restart ingest for the file above to be used - is that correct (because we
> didn’t)

I am fairly certain you will need to restart EDEX, specifically edexGrib,  you
can do this by running:

sudo service edex_camel restart ingestGrib

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: CWJ-540985
Department: Support AWIPS