[AWIPS #KUM-103773]: EDEX issues

> Are there any issues with the latest EDEX release (18.2.1-5) on Linux?  Our
> system was stable until we upgraded and now we're missing feeds and having
> issues.  I also notice that now issuing an "edex stop" always locks shutting
> down LDM.  It makes me think LDM is having issues leading to lock ups.  I'm
> running a default installation except for increasing the queue size in the
> registry.

Hello,

Sorry you seem to be having issues. What version were you running prior to
upgrading? We haven't noticed any issues here, although we don't shut down our
EDEX very often. In our previous build (18.2.1-3) we upgraded LDM from version
6.13.11 to 6.13.16, but it should be more stable. Do you have specific feeds
that are missing? Is it sporadic or consistent?

If you stop LDM, you can manually delete the queue, clean it and re-make the
queue and see if that has any better stability. If not I can get some of the
LDM folks here at Unidata to take a look.

(As awips user)
sudo service edex_ldm stop
ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin clean
ldmadmin mkqueue
sudo service edex_ldm start

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: KUM-103773
Department: Support AWIPS