[AWIPS #ACY-138776]: Looking for support or help with AWIPS II installation

>Did someone for our staff get in contact with you? Namely James Gerlach or Al
>Querios?
>
>We have spent the past two weeks trying to get this application to run with
>the required python modules and have been unable to get it to work. We have
>followed the directions provided and discussed the product with other users
>(NWS Miami) and still we are >unable to get the product to work.
>
>Is there a packaged VM image that we can download that has all the required
>packages installed? Is that an option? Is there a commercial version or
>application that can do the same things as this software?
>
>We are overly frustrated as we support hundreds of apps in our IT department
>and have yet to be stumped like this.
>
>Any help our guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hello James,

We haven't heard anything back from anyone since we replied to you on 4/5/2022.

Can you please answer a few questions so we can better help you:

- Are you trying to install EDEX or CAVE?
- What version are you trying to install?
- Are you installing NWS AWIPS or Unidata AWIPS?

Unidata's AWIPS does not have the full functionality that the NWS version has.
The Data Addon Manager is a local app (separate from the AWIPS install),
therefore not in Unidata's source code. We also have a limited use of GFE (our
EDEX runs just OAX localization).

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: ACY-138776
Department: Support AWIPS