[AWIPS #CHW-659574]: Watches - default color and fill style

Hi Pete

> I believe you answered this question back in the fall but I think I blew away
> your
> response by accident and apologize for that. And I didn't see it posted in
> the Mail
> Archives so forgive my re-asking.

I don't think we ever fully addressed this question from you, so thank you for
asking
again.

> Regarding Watches - the color of the label for the various watches is
> controlled by
> /awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/warngen/phensig.xml. However the
> watch
> area itself is always displayed with a white fill of alternating horizontal
> lines.

Yes, so currently the default behavior from CAVE is to show Warnings and
Advisories
with the "thatched" filling, and Watches with the outline.

> We realize we can change the only the fill color manually through the product
> stack
> label, but is there a way to define the default color and style of the fill -
> or
> even better -- is there a way to just allow the outline of the area to be
> displayed
> in a color of our choosing without any fill?

This is functionality that does not currently exist in CAVE right now.  But, we
are in
the process of looking at possibly making some other (unrelated) CAVE changes,
and I
can try and add this to the list to see if we could make this a possibility in
a newer
version of CAVE.

I will keep you posted if we're able to implement this.
Sorry I don't have better news.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: CHW-659574
Department: Support AWIPS