[AWIPS #IZH-759185]: Adding Models Requiring Attribution

> Hey team,
>
> Thanks again for your quick work on 18.2.1-4 and getting that issue
> resolved with EDEX. You made things much easier and things have been
> purring along since.
>
> I wanted to reach out to you because the ECMWF is now available at 0.4
> degree resolution globally and I'd like to add it to AllisonHouse's EDEX
> server. Two issues stem from my attempts at getting this done. First and
> foremost, ECMWF requires attribution and I'm not finding a good mechanism
> for getting this accomplished on the EDEX side. I'd like to know if you can
> think of anything that might allow for such. Secondly the model isn't in
> the database (reads: GribModel:98:0:153) and I'd like to know the best way
> to go about getting that changed to the appropriate designation. I presume
> a PgSQL query would get things there?
>
> I know this is sent late on a Friday and I'm not looking for immediate
> answers. I just want to get the ball rolling on potential having this data
> added. I'd presume Unidata might possibly even be considering deploying it
> on the IDD so I want to stay ahead of it.
>
> Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Hello,

Glad to hear 18.2.1-4 is working our for you!

We actually just had another user asking about this data earlier today.

What do you mean by "ECMWF requires attribution"?

You can see our response here on how to solve the issue of it being stored as
GribModel:98:0:153:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/awips/msg01205.html

You can see you'll have to add a xml file and then add a subset of code to
another xml file.

Let me know if this solves your question.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: IZH-759185
Department: Support AWIPS