[AWIPS #LKA-823601]: AWIPS Workstation

> Dear Sir/Madam,I am interested in acquiring a workstation and I would like to
> know more about
> AWIPS.How does AWIPS work? Is it a standalone workstation or web-base?can
> AWIPS be procured by
> other institution in this case like meteorological agencies?If yes, what need
> to be done?Does
> it have a license? Is this license a once for all or requires annual
> subscription?Are there any
> bronchure on AWIPS that you can share?Regards,

Hello,

Our website has quite a bit of documentation depending on what you are looking
for.

Here is a link to a short youtube overview of what AWIPS is and how it can be
used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ax6SRyaYTc

Overall documentation can be found here: http://unidata.github.io/awips2/ with
many links to installs, system requirements, and other information.

License information: Unidata AWIPS source code and binaries (RPMs) are
considered to be in the public domain, meaning there are no restrictions on any
download, modification, or distribution in any form (original or modified).
Unidata AWIPS license information can be found here:
https://github.com/Unidata/awips2/blob/unidata_18.2.1/LICENSE.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LKA-823601
Department: Support AWIPS