[AWIPS #SGX-641557]: EDEX b18.1.2-3 ingest failing to run with default configuration

> Is there any advice that can be offered for when `edex start` is
> (accidentally) run as root? I run separate ingest servers and this one was
> working fine after the update when using `su - awips` and then `sudo edex
> start`. Unfortunately I ran `edex start` as root and now the installation
> is back to the "loctables" issue. Having installed this EDEX version
> upwards of 10 times now, I'm really looking to get this to not be so
> finicky.

If you are nervous about starting it as root, you can edit the /usr/bin/edex
script, and at the beginning check to see which user you are and exit out if
you are root.

If you stopped EDEX as root, su - awips, and then started EDEX will it work?

I'm still trying to figure out the issue here especially if you've gotten it
working once, but not most of the time?

On a brand new Centos Server (CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-2009.iso) and Centos
Desktop ISO, I have been able to replicate your issue and have not been able to
get ingest to start (even with the switch to user awips).

I'm currently comparing RPM's between a working existing server and a new
server for a potential RPM dependency we missed.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: SGX-641557
Department: Support AWIPS