[AWIPS #APZ-232896]: Windows Install

> Good morning,
>
> Sorry to bug you again but I tried downloading AWIPS through the direct
> window install and I am having trouble.  It won't render
>the wind plots, or METAR sites.  We've followed the directions under the
>common problems but uninstalling and then reinstalling
>setting all the correct variables, is there something else we haven't tried?
>When we downloaded the JAVA JDK the download folder
>was jre1.8.0_181 instead of jdk1.8.0_181 do we need to redownload that and set
>the correct folder?  I also have other python
>programs on my computer that I have downloaded from Anaconda not miniconda is
>that an issue?  Thanks for all the help in this.

Hello,

Sorry you are having some problems. Our windows build is very particular and
each step is needed.

I'm confused about your JAVA JDK download. The link
(https://downloads.unidata.ucar.edu/awips2/current/windows/jdk-8u181-windows-x64.exe)
 should download a jdk-8u181 executable (not a folder). Once you run that, it
should install a directory in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181 (you may
already have a different jre installed which should be fine).

Were you able to successfully install Build Tools for Visual Studio 2019 and
install numpy and jep?

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: APZ-232896
Department: Support AWIPS