[AWIPS #MOM-689702]: Lightning data from local feed

So LDM is working just fine. The fact that the data are storing in
/awips2/data_store means LDM is doing everything it's supposed to. Next we need
to look into EDEX. I don't 100% have the reasoning, but I think because
"LIGHTNING" is a recognized header, even though we are using it as the original
filename, that's what is being passed to EDEX instead of the new pqact-named
filename. Since there's no regex match in
/awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/distribution/textlightning.xml for
"LIGHTNING", it's not being recognized by EDEX and going into the
"edex-ingest-unrecognized-files" log.

There are two options to solve this:

1. edit the textlightning.xml distribution file and add an entry for LIGHTNING

<regex>LIGHTNING</regex>

OR

2. change the name of the file that's being passed via pqinsert, and update the
pqact entry to match that file

save the initial file as 20210928_1540.nldn

use the pqinsert command with the new filename:
pqinsert -v -l ./log.log -f LIGHTNING ./20210928_1540.nldn

update your pqact entry:

LIGHTNING .*/.*.nldn
FILE -close -edex /awips2/data_store/lightning/%Y%m%d%H%M.nldn

For ldm to pick up the pqact changes, run: ldmadmin pqactHUP

Then try your pqinsert. You may need to change the data inside your raw nldn
file (ex. change to a different day) or else LDM or EDEX may think it's
duplicate data.

The data will show up in the menu under USPLN (not NLDN)

I think option 2 is the safer option because if you're constantly storing new
data as the same name (ex. LIGHTNING), that file may get overwritten before
it's filed correctly.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform