[AWIPS #MOM-689702]: Lightning data from local feed

> Hi Tiffany - no luck here and are the details
>
> 1. Noted the pqact.conf file that came with the install contains the
> corresponding entry:
> LIGHTNING USPLN1EX
> FILE -close -edex /awips2/data_store/lightning/%Y%m%d%H%M.uspln
>
> Which implies we need a feedtype LIGHTNING and perhaps a header USPLN1EX
>

> 2. So we copied line 277 from
> https://github.com/Unidata/awips2/blob/unidata_18.2.1/edexOsgi/com.raytheon.edex.plugin.textlightning/src/com/raytheon/edex/plugin/textlightning/impl/TextLightningParser.java
>  into a file named LIGHTNING and containing then modifying the line so it has
> todays date results in a one-line file containing (no header)
>
> 2021-09-28T14:02:46.884,30.6349741,-88.3066673,-27.10,0.25,0.25,8
>

> 3. Submitted the file "LIGHTNING" with pqinsert -v -l ./log.log -f LIGHTNING
> ./LIGHTNING and log.log contains the following
> 20210928T140344.593533Z pqinsert[21906] pqinsert.c:main:439 INFO 66
> 20210928140344.593252 LIGHTNING 000 ./LIGHTNING

If the file was named LIGHTNING, it won't match the pqact entry you have above
because that is looking for USPLN1EX.

It should have however, matched to your NLDN pqact entry:

# NLDN
LIGHTNING LIGHTNING
FILE -close -edex /awips2/data_store/lightning/%Y%m%d%H%M.nldn

But that also means it should have been stored as something like
202109281442.nldn

Something doesn't seem correct in your pqact file because the file shouldn't be
saved in /awips2/data_store/lightning as the file name "LIGHTNING".

> 4. edex-ingest-unrecognized-files-20210928.log contains
> WARN 2021-09-28 14:03:59,991 1215 [external.dropbox-5] RouteFailedLog:
> ./LIGHTNING
>
> So we thought maybe we need some headers -- but the same result occurs (entry
> in the unrecognized file log) when we do the following...
> a. Add a header USPLN1EX as the first line of the file
> b. Changed the header to USPLN per line 88 in the github file -- it was a
> little ambiguous if this was a comment in the parser or it was intended to
> mean that should be the header (first line of the file being submitted)
> c. Changed the header to LIGHTNING-USPLN1EX per line 314

For the case of lightning let's not worry about headers at all, only file names
to simplify it.

> When none of these worked, we tried again each iteration but with the file
> named USPLN1EX instead of LIGHTNING. But the same results occur -- all
> iterations results in a RouteFailedLog entry in the unrecognized files log.
>
> We feel we are close, but am out of permutations we believe to try. Can you
> tell if we are missing something?

I would like to know what is in your /awips2/data_store/lightning directory
because if LDM is filing the raw product, that's where it should be. And maybe
list all entries in your pqact file that have a feedtype of LIGHTNING.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform