[AWIPS #MOM-689702]: Lightning data from local feed

> 1. All CAVE menu items regarding lighting require a bin decode vs a text
> decode?

Not necessarily...it depends on the plugin and lightning type. GLM actually
uses a goesr plugin, USLPN uses the textlightning plugin (line 290 and 312 in
that file/link I sent), NLDN, GLD, and ENTLN use the binlightning, and LMA uses
a different plugin.

> 1. Re pcqact file entry (which is what came with the install) – you said “but
> your file doesn't have a WMO header and your filename is not LIGHTNING” – do
> >you know then if the pqact entry as it was supplied to us in the install
> means BOTH conditions must be satisfied to be true or just one
> (filename=LIGHTNING >wmo header=LIGHTNING)

No, not both. When looking through the pqact file, LDM first tries to match the
feedtype and the wmo. If the wmo doesn't exist, it tries to match the filename.
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform