[AWIPS #YWL-413298]: Colormap saving question

> Good afternoon,
>
> I have a question about how AWIPS saves custom colormaps. I am having my
> students make displays with custom colormaps, and when I load one of them,
> this error appears:
>
> [cid:fd8b13ec-79f2-4f05-89b1-979dc1e38e5f]
>
> Some color maps are giving me this issue and some are not. I suspect it's an
> issue with how the color maps are being saved with our own EDEX server (our
> department has its own EDEX server, so we are not using the cloud).
>
> Some insight into where/how color maps are saved would be very appreciated.

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure why some colormaps would load fine but some wouldn't...
Initially I thought maybe because this is a user override colormap and you
aren't the same user that could be the issue, but that doesn't completely make
sense if other colormaps are working fine. You could try having the students
send you the colormap file or save it as a site override with the students name
in the filename?

A copy of the colormap that isn't loading could help identify the issues. You
should be able to find the colormaps in
/awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/user/[USER]/colormaps

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: YWL-413298
Department: Support AWIPS