[AWIPS #NLY-733318]: EDEX Server for University of Wyoming

>Sounds good on the application. What I think I'll do is tell people who
>want to use AWIPS in the department to download the CAVE application that
>you sent me and have each download on their own device. And sounds good on
>the products, just remembered when we switched from our own Aerospace
>server at UND to an EDEX server we didn't use some of the products or had
>them turned off. But it might have been because we were having network
>issues having for example a class of 25 online on each computer at once
>trying to use the application.

>Sorry I should have clarified, Evan Polster for GSL/WISE just a released an
>update on our own FxCAVE that we use on the AWS, and he added in the MRMS
>data which we didn't have before on the system. He's working on satellite
>data getting it back.

>But yup that makes sense that we'll have each download a copy of CAVE and
>then have some sort of server setup. I think what was suggested is that we
>have each person who wants a copy have it downloaded on their own device,
>but I was told too today that it would be great having it on a couple of
>our lab machines so that we can do briefings on the larger TV screens in
>there (if that makes sense).

Sounds good. At this point have users download CAVE like you said, but I
suggest just having them connect to Unidata's EDEX in the cloud.
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#edex-connection
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: NLY-733318
Department: Support AWIPS