[AWIPS #NLY-733318]: EDEX Server for University of Wyoming

> Good afternoon,
>

> I was referred to you guys at unidata by Dan as I currently am working on
> AWIPS testing under the AWS server for a potential project in getting my
> university (University of Wyoming) an EDEX server for being able to use
> AWIPS. I believe too at my old university (University of North Dakota) we
> worked with you guys on getting AWIPS installed on our Linux redhat systems.
>
> I was wondering while I am working as a pathways with NOAA if it is
> possible to work with you guys on getting an EDEX server for the University
> of Wyoming Atmospheric Program please. It would be a great use in classes
> such as synoptic meteorology, our weather briefings, and perhaps in a
> research sense.
>
> Thanks for your help and understanding.

Hello,

We're happy to help set up an EDEX server with you at the University of
Wyoming! Couple questions for you.

Have you been in contact with any professors/IT personnel about getting this
set up? Are you looking at a lab with CAVE installed for people to visualize
data or are you thinking they would access it from their laptops?

Is there a specific/extra dataset you are wanting? Currently Unidata has a
public EDEX that you can access from CAVE (edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu) that
could potentially meet your needs without installing an EDEX server.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: NLY-733318
Department: Support AWIPS