[AWIPS #PMP-525794]: Cloud AWIPS

Hi there,

> Is the CloudStream AWIPS II no longer viable?

The CloudStream AWIPS is not currently supported.  This is something the
previous
Unidata AWIPS developer (Michael James) was working on.  He passed away
unexpectedly
right before I started working, and unfortunately we have not picked up every
last
project that he was working on at the time.
Have you tried installing our Mac version of CAVE?

> Are there any plans to start using other chipsets for graphics rendering?

Core development of AWIPS is done by Raytheon, and we at Unidata repackage what
they
have done for non-operational use.  They are able to define very specific
hardware
requirements for their AWIPS, and hence the dependencies on the NVIDIA graphics
driver.
We don't currently have plans to develop for other chipsets at this time.

Let me know if the mac CAVE version works for what you're trying to do?
Thanks.
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: PMP-525794
Department: Support AWIPS