[AWIPS #DYS-463530]: CAVE Install

>Tried sending this to awips support twice.  Rejected both times.
>I am using I installed the latest version 18.2.1 of AWIPS CAVE.  However, this
>new version doesn't show the Satellite menu option.  I can go to the "Product
>Browser" and load the satellite menu items from there and they load fine.  I
>have deleted >my caveData folder twice.  I am using CentOS Linux release
>7.9.2009 (Core).  Other default menu options appear to be present and
>functioning fine.
>
>On another note, I have tried going to D2D>Menus>Satellite and copying them to
>my user and that doesn't work either.  No satellite menu will display when I
>restart AWIPS.  Wierd huh.
>
>cd .[jweeks@localhost Downloads]$ sudo chmod 755 awips_install.sh
>[jweeks@localhost Downloads]$ sudo ./awips_install.sh --cave
>
>CAVE is currently installed and needs to be removed before installing.
>Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
> * base: mirrors.sonic.net
> * epel: mirrors.kernel.org
> * extras: repos.lax.quadranet.com
> * updates: mirrors.sonic.net
>https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/repos/yum/awips2-el7/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
>14] HTTPS Error 403 - Forbidden
>Trying other mirror.
>To address this issue please refer to the below wiki article
>
>https://wiki.centos.org/yum-errors
>
>If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please use
>https://bugs.centos.org/.
>
>No environment named awips2-cave exists
>Maybe run: yum groups mark remove (see man yum)
>No packages to remove from groups
>
>    =================== FAILED ===========================
>    Something went wrong with the un-install of CAVE
>    and packages are still installed. Once the CAVE
>    group has been successfully uninstalled, you can try
>    running this script again.
>     Try running a "yum grouplist" to see if the AWIPS
>     CAVE group is still installed and then do a
>     "yum groupremove [GROUP NAME]".
>       ex. yum groupremove 'AWIPS EDEX Server'
>
>     You may also need to run "yum groups mark
>     remove [GROUP NAME]"
>       ex. yum groups mark remove 'AWIPS CAVE'
>[jweeks@localhost Downloads]$
>
>my AWIPS CAVE is installed in
>
>[jweeks@localhost /]$ ls
>awips2  boot  etc   lib    media  opt   root  sbin  sys  usr
>bin     dev   home  lib64  mnt    proc  run   srv   tmp  var
>[jweeks@localhost /]$ cd awips2
>[jweeks@localhost awips2]$ ls
>cave
>[jweeks@localhost awips2]$ cd cave
>[jweeks@localhost cave]$ ls
>about.html     cave      configuration  features  plugins
>artifacts.xml  cave.ini  etc            p2        readme
>[jweeks@localhost cave]$

Hello,

I did receive your reply to address@hidden with the output of your install.
I've created a ticket in our system. It looks like the install failed.

Can you confirm which build of CAVE is currently installed by doing:

rpm -qa | grep awips2-cave

If it still shows 18.1.1 then you still have the old build installed. It looks
like your awips2.repo file is pointed at the wrong place. Can you try
downloading the new awips_install.sh script and re-running it? Your
/etc/yum.repos/awips2.repo file should get updated when you run the latest
awips_install.sh script and be pointed to
baseurl=https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/repos/yum/el7-20210712/

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform