[AWIPS #TJY-558461]: AWIPS GFE Usage

Hi there,

> Are there plans for any future versions to be able to use GFE for any
> office besides OAX?

In order to run the GFE, the EDEX server which CAVE is connected to needs to
contain special configuration files for the specific site (OAX).  At this time,
we do not plan on trying to set up our EDEX to support the GFE at multiple sites
as it can greatly reduce the performance of our server for everyone.  The only
other option, if you had the right connections, would be to run an EDEX server
yourself and set it up to support GFE at the site you desire.

> Or any plans to release a document/video explaining how to use GFE like
> the video on how to use WarnGen? Have always wanted to see how to use
> GFE and have never gotten it to work personally.

We don't currently have any plans to add specific documentation for the GFE in
the short term, but it is definitely something I can put on the list and we can
revisit at another time.

Thank you.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: TJY-558461
Department: Support AWIPS