[AWIPS #EYA-948328]: Fwd: AWIPS/CAVE Error - Mac OS 11.4 (Big Sur)

Hi there,

> I upgraded to AWIPS/CAVE 18.2.1 today after deleting all CaveData files and
> am
> experiencing multiple errors upon loading and minimal data availability on
> the menu.
> I reinstalled AWIPS Python package and AWIPS CAVE with no problem. At startup
> after
> verifying the EDEX server, I get the following error:

> “Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator
> operation”.

Sorry to hear about the problems CAVE is giving you.   That first message is
normal, and
used to happen on the previous build as well (you might not have noticed it).

> The Model drop-down menu only has the following option:
> Volume Browser, Ensemble Tool, GFS 0.25 Global and GFS 20km.

> Upon attempting to load a model, I get the following error:
> “Error loading bundle : bundles/grid/WindHeight.xml"

> Upon attempting to load a satellite image, I get the following:
> “Error loading bundle: bundles/DefaultSatellite.xml”

The behavior you're describing seems to point to an issue with your caveData
still.  Could
you try stopping CAVE, removing cave data one more time, by opening a terminal
and running:
 rm -rf ~/Library/caveData

And then restarting CAVE one more time?
Let me know if that produces different behavior please?
Thank you!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: EYA-948328
Department: Support AWIPS