[AWIPS #JVA-518066]: Derived Model Data Issues

Hi there,

> Loving the new GeoColor data for the new update.

Glad to hear you like some of our new products!

> I was wondering is there still issues getting derived model data in the
> windows version? I can't get it just fine with the NWS Thin Client version
> but I can not get wind barbs to show for bulk shear. (My way to test for
> derived model data)

It sounds like the install on your windows machine doesn't quite have all the
pre-reqs installed and working correctly.  We've spent a significant amount of
time creating detailed instructions to make sure CAVE runs properly on Windows.
It sounds like this is what's happening for you:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/common-problems/#products-not-loading-properly-in-windows

So, please try uninstalling and redoing the relevant steps (1-6) from our
instructions:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#download-and-installation-instructions_2

I know it's a bit of a tedious process, but hopefully it shouldn't take more
than
20 minutes.  Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: JVA-518066
Department: Support AWIPS