[AWIPS #EIF-716251]: Cave Firewall

>Can you please tell me what all firewall exceptions we need to have in
>place to run cave?  It seems that it has changed a few times over the
>last few years & I want to be sure we have everything covered.  I just
>added 149.XXX.XXX.XXX port 9581 (this didn't used to be needed).  Is
>this a cloud service that will have changing IPs or will it be static?

The IP you should be using is the following: 149.165.157.40. It shouldn't
change. You probably will need both port 9581 and 9582. It's hard to say what
other configurations are needed without more detail on your current firewall.
Are you doing outbound filtering and using exceptions? Try with that
information and let me know if it is working correctly.

>Also, there is a bug in the centos 7 installation when root's login
>shell is tcsh.  I just kept fixing it with every installation, but it is
>still there.  By default the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, but
>/etc/profile.d/awips2.csh tries to append to it.  You could check to see
>if the variable is already set & if it is then append to it.  This line
>causes a failure:
>setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib64

This has been updated in our latest AWIPS release which will be available
tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: EIF-716251
Department: Support AWIPS